Joni Mitchell is extending her line of archival collections with the release of “Archives, Vol. 3: The Asylum Years (1972-1975),” available on October 6 through Rhino. This album features various early recordings, including demos and alternative versions from her sessions during the years 1972 to 1975, focusing on her albums “For the Roses,” “Court and Spark,” and “The Hissing of Summer Lawns.” The collection also consists of numerous live recordings like the 1972 performance at Carnegie Hall, along with tracks from collaborations with James Taylor, Graham Nash, and Neil Young. An early demo of “Help Me” from “Court and Spark” can be heard below.
This is not Mitchell’s first endeavor into her earlier years. She has previously explored her time with Reprise Records in the Joni Mitchell Archives series and released the box sets “The Reprise Albums (1968-1971)” and “The Asylum Albums (1972-1975).”
The featured products on Newsound are independently chosen by the editors, but purchasing through retail links may earn them an affiliate commission.
“Archives, Vol. 3: The Asylum Years (1972-1975)” is priced at $100 and can be found at both Rough Trade and Amazon.
The album includes the following tracks:
- Tracks from Graham Nash David Crosby Session, such as “Cold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire” and “For the Roses.”
- Demos and live performances from Carnegie Hall in New York on February 23, 1972, including hits like “Big Yellow Taxi” and “Blue.”
- Collaborations with James Taylor for early sessions of “For the Roses,” along with Neil Young & The Stray Gators.
- Alternate and early versions from the “For the Roses” sessions, such as “Blonde in the Bleachers” (Alternate Guitar Mix) and “Twisted” (Early Alternate Version).
- Live performances at other venues like Royal Festival Hall in London and Paul Sauvé Arena in Montreal, with highlights like “Judgement of the Moon and Stars” (Ludwig’s Tune) and “Big Yellow Taxi.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about fokus keyword Joni Mitchell
What is the name of Joni Mitchell’s new album?
“Archives, Vol. 3: The Asylum Years (1972-1975)” is the name of Joni Mitchell’s new album, set to be released through Rhino.
When will Joni Mitchell’s new album be available?
The album will be released on October 6.
What content is included in Joni Mitchell’s “Archives, Vol. 3: The Asylum Years”?
The collection includes early demos, alternate versions, live performances from 1972 to 1975, including a 1972 performance at Carnegie Hall, and collaborations with James Taylor, Graham Nash, and Neil Young.
Where can I purchase “Archives, Vol. 3: The Asylum Years (1972-1975)”?
The album is priced at $100 and can be purchased at Rough Trade and Amazon.
Does the album feature any collaborations with other artists?
Yes, the album includes collaborations with James Taylor, Graham Nash, Neil Young, and The Stray Gators.
What are some of the live performances featured in the album?
The album features live performances from Carnegie Hall in New York, Royal Festival Hall in London, and Paul Sauvé Arena in Montreal.