Chromeo is back in action with exciting news for all the music enthusiasts out there. They’ve officially declared their upcoming album, “Adult Contemporary,” which is set to drop on Friday, February 16, 2024, through BMG. But that’s not all; David “Dave 1” Macklovitch and Patrick “P-Thugg” Gemayel have also treated fans to a sneak peek of what’s to come by releasing a brand-new track from the album titled “Personal Effects.” And as if that weren’t enough, they’ve accompanied it with a P.I.-themed music video directed by the talented Spencer Ford, known for his work with artists like Troye Sivan and Brockhampton. You won’t want to miss this one!
The inspiration for “Personal Effects” came from an unlikely source: a routine comment from a flight attendant urging passengers not to forget their personal belongings. Dave 1 found it to be the perfect Chromeo song title, and he explained, “Adult Contemporary is a meditation on modern, mature relationships, which means: If we gotta sing about curling irons, so be it.” So, expect some thought-provoking and possibly hilarious insights into the world of adult relationships through Chromeo’s unique musical lens.
But that’s not all Chromeo has been up to this year. They recently dropped an album with A-Trak and Ric Wilson called “Clusterfunk.” And if you’re eager to experience their music live, you’re in luck! The duo is currently touring North America, with plans to head down under for three shows in Australia at the end of October. Check out the full list of tour dates below.
Here’s a sneak peek at the tracklist for “Adult Contemporary”:
- (I Don’t Need A) New Girl
- Got It Good
- Lost and Found
- Replacements (Extended Version) [ft. La Roux]
- Lonesome Nights
- Personal Effects
- She Knows It (Personal Effects, Pt. 2)
- Ballad of the Insomniacs
- Words With You
- A Cut Above
- Two of Us (Friendsnlovers, Pt. 2)
- Replacements [ft. La Roux]
And here are their upcoming tour dates:
North American Tour Dates:
- 10-03 San Diego, CA – Humphreys
- 10-04 Tempe, AZ – Marquee Theatre
- 10-06 Houston, TX – The Ballroom at Warehouse Live
- 10-07 Austin, TX – Austin City Limits Music Festival
- 10-08 Dallas, TX – The Echo Lounge & Music Hall
- 10-10 Atlanta, GA – The Eastern
- 10-11 Richmond, VA – The National
- 10-12 Washington, D.C. – 9:30 Club
- 10-13 Brooklyn, NY – Brooklyn Steel
- 10-14 Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall of Williamsburg
- 10-16 Boston, MA – Roadrunner
- 10-17 Philadelphia, PA – Franklin Music Hall
- 10-19 Montreal, Quebec – M Telus
- 10-20 Toronto, Ontario – The Danforth Music Hall
- 10-21 Toronto, Ontario – The Danforth Music Hall
- 10-22 Chicago, IL – The Salt Shed
Australian Tour Dates:
- 10-26 Sydney, Australia – The Metro Theatre
- 10-28 Adelaide, Australia – Harvest Rock II
- 10-29 Melbourne, Australia – 170 Russell
So, mark your calendars, get ready for some infectious tunes, and catch Chromeo live in a city near you! Don’t miss out on what promises to be a fantastic musical journey.
Note: All products featured on Newsound are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And if you’re still craving more Chromeo action, don’t forget to check out their special collaboration with I. Jordan in the Abbey Road Amplify x Newsound London Sessions, along with other exciting artists. It’s going to be a treat for your ears!
- I. Jordan x Planningtorock: Abbey Road Amplify x Newsound London Sessions with Coco & Breezy
- Chromeo: Funk Yourself Tour – Buy Tickets Now at Ticketmaster
So, there you have it, music lovers! Chromeo is back, and they’re ready to bring their unique blend of music and humor to your city. Get your tickets, stream their latest tracks, and prepare for a funk-filled experience like no other!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Chromeo Album Announcement
Q: When will Chromeo’s album “Adult Contemporary” be released?
A: Chromeo’s album “Adult Contemporary” is set to be released on Friday, February 16, 2024.
Q: Who directed the music video for Chromeo’s song “Personal Effects”?
A: The music video for Chromeo’s song “Personal Effects” was directed by Spencer Ford, known for his work with artists like Troye Sivan and Brockhampton.
Q: What inspired the song “Personal Effects”?
A: The song “Personal Effects” by Chromeo was inspired by a routine comment from a flight attendant, making it a quirky and unique addition to their music catalog.
Q: Are there any special collaborations on the “Adult Contemporary” album?
A: Yes, the album features collaborations, including an extended version of “Replacements” featuring La Roux.
Q: Where can I catch Chromeo live on tour?
A: Chromeo is currently on tour in North America and will be heading to Australia for a series of shows at the end of October. Check the list of tour dates for a city near you.
More about Chromeo Album Announcement
- Chromeo’s Official Website
- [“Personal Effects” Music Video](insert video link when available)
- [Spencer Ford’s Portfolio](insert Spencer Ford’s portfolio link when available)
- Purchase “Adult Contemporary” Album on Amazon
- [Chromeo’s Tour Dates and Tickets on Ticketmaster](insert Ticketmaster link when available)